Get your "GLOVE" on!
Updated: Jul 22, 2020
If you find yourself in a situation where you need to wear gloves, you might as well do it right. We are going to run you through the best practices for proper glove use in this installment of "PPE Usage Best Practices"
The instructions below are not intended to take the place of any information put out by manufacturers or any safety or government agencies.
Trust us......we got this information from smart people.
These measures aren't necessary for every situation and are aimed more toward medical use.
• Work from clean to dirty.
• Limit opportunities for “touch contamination” to protect yourself, others and environmental surfaces. Do not touch face or adjust PPE with contaminated gloves. Do not touch surfaces except as necessary during patient care.
• Change gloves as needed, including when they are torn, heavily soiled and after each patient use. • Discard appropriately, and never wash or reuse gloves.
• To don gloves: Don gloves last. Select the correct type and size. Insert hands into gloves. Extend gloves over isolation gown cuffs.
• To remove gloves: Grasp outside edge near the wrist. Peel away from hand, turning glove inside-out. Hold in the opposite gloved hand. Slide ungloved finger under the wrist of the remaining glove. Peel off from inside, creating a bag for both gloves.